This post originally appeared as a 5-15 Weekend Issue of the Daily Job Hunt email. Sign up for kick-butt career hype in your inbox each morning.
Mindset for Success
Proof beats paper. 90% of hiring managers think having run a marathon is more impressive than a degree. What have you done that proves your soft skills?
Humanize the job hunt. Set out to make the hiring manager’s day, by sending them a personal email, addressing them by name, and including something thoughtful.
Perfectionism is glorified procrastination. Perfect is the enemy of done. If it does the trick, let it do the trick. Create, finish, and ship!
Links worth checking out
- How to Find the Hiring Manager (article + video)
- Mastering the Job Hunt (15 min podcast)
- What Work Best Suits Your Personality Type? (5 min Quiz)
- Stop Networking, If You Want to Get Better at Networking (article)
- I’m not looking for people that have good grades. I don’t give a sh*t. (20 min podcast on what entrepreneurs look for in new hires)
Quote of the Week
“Are you a serial idea-starting person? The goal is to be an idea-shipping person.”
― Seth Godin