Recapping this week’s DJH
Mindsets for Success
Let Go of the Fear of Money
You probably are at least slightly insecure about money. But what are you afraid of exactly? That you’ll starve?
Your feelings are completely valid, but look….the universe gave you a gift of life, of your lungs, your ability to breathe. In, out. In, out. No effort needed. How life-affirming! Isn’t that proof enough that you’re going to be okay?
“Job Hunting Is Hard”?
Most people on the job hunt keep the ongoing belief “job hunting is hard” running in the background.
But is it true?
Maybe it’s only true if you SAY it’s true! What if you let go of the belief, then started re-framing things?
“Job hunting is fun.”
“I get to be imaginative on my job hunt.”
“Job hunting is easy when you send video pitches.”
Links Worth Checking Out
- The job interview approach (Seth Godin)
- 9 Tips to Help Reduce Job Search Anxiety.
- Your Career Is Too Short to Spend Years Being Undervalued, Underpaid, and Treated like a Piece of Garbage
Quote of the Week
“Remember, you have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.”
— Louise Hay
Feeling stuck in your job hunt or career?
For a short time we’re giving out 1 hour coaching calls with our new project, Human Liberation, for just $1.
Hop on a call with me, and I’ll pump you up with tips and advice on your career, and through a revolutionary new method, free you of deeper mindset hurdles.
This deep work is for anyone at any stage of their career. I showed the method to sales influencer Scott Leese, and he said, “….cannot speak highly enough about the experience.”
Giving is Receiving
Serve a company like royalty.
Make their lives easy, go over the top to solve problems, and constantly surprise them with new innovations and value creation.
No, no, not out of deference to authority. Not at all.
Out of pure self-interest!
Once you realize that giving and receiving are symbiotically intertwined, you realize the best way to serve your own growth and happiness is to serve others’ growth and happiness.
So, what gifts will you bestow your company of choice?
Do a custom project. Do free work. Create without permission.
Lather on the value with abundance.
and the DJH Team
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential. See more on the Start Here page.
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.