Recapping this week’s DJH
Mindsets for Success
Do the thing
It’s easy to email a new person everyday, to build social capital. It takes 5 minutes.
But you don’t do it…because it’s also easy to not do it.
It’s no big deal to do 1 push up a day. It takes 1 second. But you don’t do it, because it’s also easy to not do it.
The question for your growth is not about easy or hard. It’s about the intention and conviction to be a certain type of person. A person who does things. Who will you choose to become?
Want to turn pro as a value creator? Do a 30 day blogging challenge.
Links Worth Checking Out
- Do Free Work (a CH mild rant…)
- How to Bounce Back When You’re Laid Off (Office Hours podcast)
- The Muse Job Board
Quote of the Week
“What you do every day matters more than what you do once in a while.”
— Gretchen Rubin
Clear the Debris
You can’t fly an airplane if the runway isn’t clear.
You can’t cook a gourmet meal if the kitchen is dirty.
You need to clear the clutter.
That’s why Steven Pressfield, author of The War of Art, says “the professional is tidy.”
To create, you need to get rid of the crap in your way, both physical and mental.
Maybe it’s as simple as clearing your desk, closing the tabs on your browser, or finally calling the dentist.
Or maybe it’s big, like finally ending that relationship that’s holding you down.
The point is, you can’t fly high if you’re feeling burdened.
You won’t be inspired to create (be it a blog, or a pitch to your dream company) if your blinded by fog.
It’s hard to live with purpose, working towards big visions, if you’re overcome by the mundane clutter that’s right in front of you.
It’s not sexy, but sometimes the first step to a flourishing life is to just clear the debris.
and the CH team
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.|
- Keep the convo going. Follow us on TikTok, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Sick and tired of your negative self-talk? Sign up for a free trial of 1-1 coaching.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential.
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.