Tomorrow! How to Handle Fear (on the job hunt)
Yo yo tomorrow’s the day to revamp and reframe your relationship to fear. Are you ready to feel energized and pumped?
4 pm EST, Dec. 1 (tomorrow).
Do the thing
It’s easy to email a new person everyday, to build social capital. It takes 5 minutes.
But you don’t do it…because it’s also easy to not do it.
It’s no big deal to do 1 push up a day. It takes 1 second. But you don’t do it, because it’s also easy to not do it.
Learning a new skill for 10 minutes a day is actually pretty simple. But you don’t do it.
Because it’s also easy to not do it….
The question for your growth is not about easy or hard. It’s about the intention and conviction to be a certain type of person. A person who does things.
As James Clear says, “Your habits shape your identity, and your identity shapes your habits. It’s a two-way street.”
Who will you choose to become?
Find a Job Faster
You probably know that to land a job, it often helps if you get a warm intro to a company.
Ramped Careers can help with that, completely free.
When you join Ramped, you can not only build relevant skills and practice for interviews, you’ll gain access to Ramped’s network of employers, so you’ll have special consideration for a job!
P.S. Check out my interview with Ramped Careers co-founder Danny Leonard, from our Supercharge Your Career event. It was PACKED with gold nuggets.
How to Email a Hiring Manager the WRONG way
If you want do date someone, would you just start talking about how great you are, or would you lead with interest about THEM?
Same goes when you pitch the hiring manager.
Here’s what not to do (and also what to do instead) when you email a human at a company.
“Don’t brag. Don’t copy and paste. Don’t be generic. Don’t send a resume. Take the time to be interested and create value. Learn how to email the hiring manager the right way.”
Quote of the Day
“What you do every day matters more than what you do once in a while.”
— Gretchen Rubin
The Career Hackers Revolution
- Career hacking is about the relentless pursuit of discovering and doing what makes you come alive. Here are the core principles in the Career Hackers Manifesto.
- Keep the convo going. Follow us on TikTok, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Sick and tired of your negative self-talk? Sign up for a free trial of 1-1 coaching.
- See two of our top posts: How to Make a Video Pitch and 100 Ways to Work Out Loud, so you can skip the resume and degree and be your own credential.
- Want audio? Head to the Daily Job Hunt Podcast.
- Can’t get enough? Get the DJH Sunday Special for extra mindset juice.